Dryer to Blame for House Fire in Indianapolis

A dryer was to blame for an early morning blaze in Indianapolis. A family of two and their seven dogs escaped their burning home early Monday morning after they say the clothes dryer caught fire and they couldn't put it out.

Firefighters were dispatched around 3:10 a.m. to the 6000 block of MacFarland Road. They had the fire out within 25 minutes.

56-year-old Karel Harmon was asleep when her 24-year-old son, Jacob, alerted her of the fire. They grabbed the dogs and evacuated.

The family had lived in the home for 30 years.

The home had working smoke detectors and damage is estimated at $60,000.


Children's Burn Foundation logo
Angie's List Badge
Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Indiana BBB Business Review
Dryer Vent Wizard - Best of Award Winner